Friday, January 23
Thursday, January 1
So usually I hate New Year's Eve festivities... it's very similar to another Holiday I could care-a-less for - Valentine's Day. But ya know what... It is a new year, a great time for new beginnings. Freshness. So I've decided there are some things I am going to do/change in 2009...
1. Read the Bible through in a year- it's something I've always wanted to do, or I've started and slacked off... but not this year kids! It's happening. I want all of you who see me on a regular basis to ask me if I've read on that day and what it was about. Thanks for your accountability.
2. Have less road rage. I really need to make a conscious effort about it. I am really bad, and I don't even realize I'm doing it. Last night, as I was driving to my New Year's Even destination I thought, I'm going to have less rage in the new year, and you know what I did right after that? Yelled at the Jack who cut me off. I have a problem. So, again, my fellow bloggers- help keep me accountable. I need to wear a rubber band around my wrist and slap it every time I rage- I need to be trained like one of Pavlov's dogs. Is that weird? I don't care.
3. Finances- I put this because I need a lot of work done in this area too. I do have some money coming in, but I can't seem to hold on to any of it. I am going to start putting away 10% of every paycheck. I am also going to try to start balancing my checkbook. I usually have a good idea in my head, but I know if I see it on paper, I'll stop the madness.
4. Taking some advice from the newlywed- I am going to seriously try to control how I handle things that other people do. I need to deal with things more grown-up-esque. I don't need to dwell on my hurt feelings when I feel I've been wronged. I need to move on, get over it, grow up. I am not going to let how other people act encourage me to have a bad day. Not this year, baby.
5. [This one is just for fun] I am going to try to loose some of this weight I've accumulated over the past 4 years. College was amazing, but not to my shape. I am going to try to really watch what I eat, when I eat and how much. I need to get in the habit of going for walks, or playing my Wii Fit :o) It's gonna happen guys, in 2010, I will not be this chunk-a-licious.
I hope all of you try to better yourself for the New Year, it's a great time to start!