Friday, May 14

First Beach Day

I am definitely going to try to go to the beach more this summer. I don't even know if I went at all last year.

My deal with the beach is that #1-I hate sand. #2-When I go, I want it to be an all day (at least a few hours) event. I think it's kind of a waste to just go for a bit, which leads me to #3-You have to plan for the beach. When I go, I like to bring food, chairs, magazines, music, games, etc. Sometimes going and just vegging out is good, but usually I need to be entertained because it gets HOT.

Anyway--- Emma & I hit up the beach today. We brought chairs, towels, a cooler full of drinks & munchies and magazines. It was the perfect beach day.

The temps were in the low 80's but on the beach there was an AMAZING breeze, we didn't even break a sweat. Which probably explains why I didn't think I was getting any color! Ya'll know when I got home and showered I was a hot, sunburned splotchy mess. Oh well, it was totally worth the great day at the beach!

Tonight we also went to see Letters to Juliet.

It was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be and that Christopher Egan is easy on the eyes!

5 comments:

Kiki said...

Looks like the perfect day off...you know I love pics at the beach and yours look vaguely like my own leg shots!!! Heehee. What is the weird sandy cloud in the first pic though? Have you been hanging out with Antonella and Carmella too long??

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous, it's getting slightly warmer up here..but definitely not bathing suit temperature!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I need the beach!

Sunshine and Summertime said...

Oh I miss the beach SO much! I can't wait to see Letters to Juliet...

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous-well not of the sunburn-but of getting to go to the beach on a regular basis! It looks so relaxing :)