Monday, March 15

Any body out there?

Two words.

Shin splints.

I think I have them.

The Mayo Clinic's website says the symptoms are:
  • Tenderness, soreness or pain along the inner part of your lower leg
  • Mild swelling

At first, the pain may stop when you stop running or exercising. Eventually, however, the pain may be continuous.

Do I have that? Oh yea.

I hate it. I feel like I'm on the right track for the Cooper River Bridge Run that is in 12 DAYS! Ah! 6.23 miles is gonna kick my butt. It's gonna be so much fun though.

So your prayers are welcomed that I can keep running and show the bridge run who's boss.

*PS- thank you all so much for your kind words about my last post. Mom has an appointment Thursday w/ her oncologist to figure out our game plan. Keep thinking good thoughts!




3 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Hang in there girl, praying for you and your mom.

Rena Barbara Jeana said...

shin splints are so common.... girl, don't wear yourself out before our biiig run! :)

my word verification is sekiess... if only it said seksiness, bahaha.

Anonymous said...

I feel ya...I get horrible shin splints everytime I try to begin running again. I wish I had some advice, but nothing I've tried so far has worked. Hopefully taking it easy before the race will help!

Happy thoughts for your run!