Friday, March 13

I love bathroom stuff.


I often find myself wandering around the cosmetic/bathroom aisles of Wal-Mart, CVS, etc...I just can't help it. There are SO many options. So many lotions, face washes, shampoos & conditioners, deodorants, accessories... the list goes ON and ON!!!!!


Yesterday, I went to a store here called ULTA- it's awesome. My friend Sarah describes it as a Sally Beauty Supply + Sephora... it's got everyday cosmetic brands like Neutrogena & Cover Girl while also carrying upscale, salon quality products. I signed up for a rewards program earlier so I get coupons in the mail- the one I used yesterday was $3.50 off a $10 purchase. They also had a special - Buy any 2 Matrix products, get 2 free! That's a big deal... I got a Biolagé Shampoo & Conditioner & a Matrix Sleek & Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner. They also had OPI Nail Polish- buy one, get one 50% off. So I got two new nail polishes.





I also got a new hairbrush- kind of a big deal for me... I've had the same brush since 1993. Don't judge me, I've had brushes in between, but I always go back to my old faithful. Well the little protectors on the edge of each bristle have started to come off- and it kind of hurts my scalp now. So I thought I'd browse around ULTA and see if they had any brush that could replace old faithful.

AND GUESS WHAT! THEY HAD THE SAME BRUSH!


I was the happiest kid on earth last night.


So browsing around the ultimate cosmetic store led me to start thinking about all the cosmetic products I can't live without and I thought I'd take some time to share them with you!

(this list is in no particular order)

I love this stuff! I've been using it since 7th grade and don't think I could ever switch. It's so light weight & it's a GREAT moisturizer. Just a little squirt when you get out of the shower and it keeps my face nice all day long. :o)

2. Dove Deodorant & Soap
Grapefruit & Lemongrass- who knew it smelled so good?! I love combining the bar soap & deodorant here. The soap has these little scrubber beads that exfoliate your skin- it feels GREAT. So nice after shaving when your legs are all itchy. The deodorant smells just a great!

3. Burberry Perfume
I stole this perfume from Jenna... it smells like heaven. I mean, I can't describe in words how great it smells. Seriously, just go get it.

I think I've bought every new razor that Venus comes out with. I am the sucker that pays $8-$12 for a stupid razor. But ya know, this one is definitely favorite. It give you such a close shave. I guess the five blades really do make a difference!
Skintimate always has the most fun scents for sure! Have you ever tried to shave with just soap? It sucks. You definitely need some shaving cream and skintimate is usually my choice!
This is always the face wash I keep going back to. It does a great job at getting rid of blemishes/pimples and keeping my skin clear!! And you, only have to use a little bit, so a tube of it lasts quite a while!

7. Shower Cap
One of my more recent bathroom finds... A shower cap may seem like a blast from the past, but it's just as important now as it was back in grandma's day! You have to take a shower everyday, but you don't have to wash your hair- it's such a hassle to style it only to have to do it again and again and again. The answer to your problem- a shower cap! I wish more cosmetic companies would come out with some cute ones. It took me quite a while to find one I liked. I was using a stolen cheap plastic one from a hotel for about 2 months because I couldn't commit to a plain, boring shower cap, until... I found this super cute one.
Ok, so I don't know the technical term for this gadget, but it's usually two sided with different surfaces to scrub away the yuck dead skin from the bottom of your feet. This item will save you a trip to the nail salon to get a pedicure... which will save you money!

9. Hair Appliances
I love my blow-dryer, straightener & curling iron. When I don't use these products my hair is a hot mess. These tools are essential to every girl's bathroom needs!

This stuff gives hair great texture. When doing it straight, it gives you some volume on top. When doing it curly, it does what it say- makes you look like you've had a day at the beach! And the best part about this spray- the scent!

So I'm not a baby, but my skin sure feels like one! I love baby lotions- they absorb quickly and keep your skin soft all day long! My favorite is the shea butter one...

Every girl should have this in her bathroom staples... usually comes with cuticle pusher, nail clipper, cuticle scissors, cuticle clipper, large nail clipper, nail file and tweezers. Bath & Body Works always has them with super cute travel cases!

I hope you'll try some of my favorite bathroom finds! Girls- you know there's way more stuff that's involved, but these are definitely the ones I can't live without! What are you some of your favorite bathroom bargains?

4 comments:

Kiki said...

So I was going to link to you so that people could come over, but I wasn't sure you would want that...let me know and I'll link to you on my post tonight so my peeps can find their way to you!!!

Thanks for being my "fashionable Friday"!!!

Palmetto Preppy Wife said...

So glad I could turn you on to the Amazement that is Burberry! :)

Monogramchick said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know they still made that brush. I have the exact same one (my sister and I both do) I have no idea when/where I got it but I know that it has survived 10+ years since the freshman year of college. What fun :)

NewFace Group said...

Hello! I would like to open hair salon. Does anybody have an experience in this field? I want to do all without big mistake) Could anybody give me an advise? Where to buy Cosmetology case cheap and Professional facial products in USA. I'm choosing between Advance-esthetic.com and Advance-esthetic.us websites.