Tuesday, February 2

I'm back!

So I made it back Sunday evening from my weekend getaway in the mountains!

Ya'll. I had so much fun.

I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to have made the best friends I did in college.

This was my 4th time going to the mountains with this group and it didn't disappoint!

We got there late Thursday night and just hung out catching up with each other. I also may have made the best smore known to man.

Friday we went to Highlands, NC. It's the cutest little hotsy-totsy (technical term there) town. It has some of our favorite stores; Dutchmans Designs & Colonel Mustards--both of which were closed. Bummer.

After we checked out a super fun Christmas tree ornament shop, we went to the Pizza Place.

While we were in there, it started snowing like CRAZY! We got super excited and took a million pictures. We had so much fun playing in the snow!



Later that night we went to this little place for some bluegrass music. Since the weather was pretty yucky, there weren't that many people there. Suzanne & Charlie got a chance to get up and sing for us too!



Saturday morning we were woken up by a park ranger telling us that "it's not a matter of if, but when the power is going to go out" and that we needed to keep our fire going and all this crazytown stuff.

Well guess what. Our power didn't go off and we weren't stranded. We did make a new friend that came to visit us though!


She knew all kinds of tricks and we probably gave her way more people food than her owner would have liked. Whoops!


That afternoon we went into Wahalla, (I like to say "Wa-halllllaaaaaaa", it's way more fun, trust me.) Too bad this town had shut down, too, due to "bad weather". Please. It wasn't even snowing there! We still managed to have a good time :o)



That night we met up with Oxana, another friend from college who happens to live up that way. Basically, Suzanne & Oxana were my saving graces my sophomore year when my boyfriend at the time and I broke up. I couldn't imagine my life without these ladies.

Sunday morning, we got up and scrapped the ice off the cars and headed home. Not before having a snow filled photo shoot though!


Like I said, it was a great weekend and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly! I hope it's not six more months before I get to hang out with these kids again :o)

2 comments:

sarah said...

Looks like the trip was a ton of fun!

Jane said...

You look like you had a fun & fabulous trip. Love that Bad Out Closed sign. Hilarious.